ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout

+3
Ja©K ®abb!t
Miranda
NightFire
7 posters

Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout

Post  NightFire Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:37 am

Newsnet March 12th 2060 wrote:Two weeks after the 48 hour blackout that swept the entire Seattle Metroplex Feb 28th, we are still experiencing scattered brownouts. Experts from Gaiatronics have stated that most likely whatever affected the power grid on the 28th could still be in the system and may take time to root out.
Nerves are still pretty frayed in the plex from that double-header of looting and pillaging and rioting, so y'know people are reasonably flipped when their lights keep going out. Good time to be shadowrunning, as the night is our friend.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty Re: Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout

Post  Miranda Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:43 am

Play it safe.
Stay out of elevators, or vaults that lock when the power is cut.
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty The Dangers of Elevators

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:50 am

ELEVATORS ARE PLACES OF DEATH!!! BEWAAAAAAAAARE!!!! affraid
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty d's prepardness suggestions

Post  Drifter Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:08 am

Ok so your city can be put under martial law, quarantined, and nuked due to insect spirit infiltration. It can lose power on a massive level. Volcanos can suddenly erupt nearby. An enraged mother dragon may attack it. Plague may sweep through. Your perfectly secure megacorp headquarters building may be taken over by terrorists and fall under lockdown.

Things that haven't happened yet in recent history but you also may wish to consider: Food distribution networks may be disrupted. The matrix could go down with all that implies. You may lose municipal water, gas or sewage removal in the same way you can lose power. I for one am glad the group or individual responsible for the power loss targeted the power grid and not waste removal but all it would take is someone with money and something to gain or an accident of monumental proportions.

So ask yourself: Are you ready? Do you have a few days of food and water on hand and an alternate way of preparing it should you lose gas or electricity? Do you have a supply of basic medical supplies? Do you have alternate modes of transportation such as a motorized bike for on land, preferably off-road capable, and a small row boat for water (because hey, there are tsunamis, levies can fail, and it only takes 12 hours of hard rain to back up even the most robust drainage system)? Do you have a decent supply of portable wealth (I suggest precious metals and gems)? Are all your supplies packed neatly in a backpack that you can take on your bike or in your boat?

With a little forethought you can prevent a national emergency from turning into a personal emergency. And for anyone who would like any of the above items delivered to you anywhere in the greater Seattle area in 60min or less for a reasonable handling fee just call 1-888-DriftToYou.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty dont forget the tinfoil

Post  Sn00p Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:18 am

dude. huh you totally forgot the alien invation. alien you need tinfoil on hand to make hats to block the brainwaves. Shocked and you need to think about ghoul and zombie attack. affraid do you have a zombie readyness plan??? pale
Sn00p
Sn00p

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty Re: Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout

Post  alice Wed 28 Dec 2011, 6:02 am

Got it, be prepared or... be prepared to cap some one who prepared for the emergency ... which is like being prepared only without the prep work.
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty Zombies Ghouls and Witch Doctors, oh my!

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Wed 28 Dec 2011, 6:12 am

Sn00p wrote:you need to think about ghoul and zombie attack. affraid do you have a zombie readyness plan??? pale
bounce Totally! What happens when all the feral ghouls decide to turn the world into an all-you-can-eat buffet? Ooo I gotta tip, their weakness is bullets. fire

I heard zombies are real too, though somebody said that's a voodoo thing. Like witch doctors and stuff. Maybe we should be more worried about the witch doctor apocalypse plague? They might have everyone singing "ooo ee ooo ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang"! That would NOT be a world I wanna live in. help
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty alternate forms of comunication

Post  Drifter Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:08 pm

alice wrote:Got it, be prepared or... be prepared to cap some one who prepared for the emergency ... which is like being prepared only without the prep work.
See, now you're thinking ahead. Armor, bullets and a means to project said bullets. I knew I forgot something in my list. I can deliver those too.

Oh, and if it's the cell phones that go down I monitor emergency calls made in all bands of the radio and microwave spectrum. Just key: -.. .-. .. ..-. - . .-. / .... . .-.. .--.

You were planning on learning Morse Code anyway right?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Brownouts still plague Seattle Metroplex weeks after 48 hour total Blackout Empty power loss

Post  vanguard Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:54 pm

It makes sense that brown outs persist if the archology was selling their extra power to the Seattle grid which i assume must have been a considerable amount. These brown outs are not any additional reason to worry about the state of affairs just a natural progression of what has been happening.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down