ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle

+2
Drifter
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle Empty Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle

Post  Admin Sun 20 Dec 2009, 5:31 am

The Renraku Arcology, also known as the SCIRE, has just opened in downtown Seattle. It's that more-than-300 story building that covers several city blocks that megacorp Renraku has been building for almost a decade. It is a self contained habitat, a place for employees to live, work and play all without leaving the comfort of their corporate housing homes. It can accomodate over 100,000 residents and is one of the largest buildings in the world. It even has its own indoor parks, grande mall and theme park. The Arcology is now Renraku's new Seattle headquarters; indeed HQ for Renraku North America; and is chock full of research and development projects, bleeding edge tech to steal, and some of the most serious security you've ever seen. Beware if you ever try to crack this egg.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://shadowrun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle Empty Corporate hive

Post  Drifter Tue 22 Dec 2009, 5:48 pm

So let me get this straight. Corporate wage slaves are so afraid of the world that they're willing to exchange freedom for security? Talk about a gilded cage. Saddly, they will get exactally what they deserve. Everyone does.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle Empty Re: Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle

Post  Longinuss Thu 24 Dec 2009, 8:56 am

Wages and cages and job security? No such thing in Seattle! cant be done.

Tell me about this bleeding-edge security. Will it be available for private home application? Will there be an open house? Being sealed up as tight as you make it sound, how do they intend to manufacture breathable air?
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle Empty Re: Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle

Post  Drifter Thu 24 Dec 2009, 5:44 pm

Longinuss wrote:Wages and cages and job security? No such thing in Seattle! cant be done.

Nonsense. Seattle has an abundence of wages and cages. As for job security...
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Dec 2009, 4:35 am

Since you're all so interested in the arcology's security, here's an excerpt from the official brochure from the Renraku bigwigs as to how safe their little slice of heaven is:

The safety of our residents and employees are our number one concern. A recent survey by the E-magazine Workspace placed Renraku’s Seattle Arcology in the top 2% of all global workspaces in personal safety, making the Seattle SCIRE the largest building ever the Workplace exceptional safety seal. A major factor in the award was the careful design of our factories, offices and residential areas, all of which are built to avoid accidents and decrease the severity of those few that do happen. It also helps that a major hospital is never more than a quick elevator ride away.

Of course, not all safety problems result from accidents. It’s a sad but unmistakable fact of modern life that crime is more prevalent than ever before. In the streets of Seattle, despite the best efforts of police, robbery, burglary, assault and even murder are all to common. Even in the finest neighborhoods, it’s impossible to keep out all potentially dangerous individuals.

Here in the arcology, however, those urban troubles are literally a world away. Every entrance to the building is carefully guarded by graduates of Renraku’s renowned Seoul Security Academy, who keep a vigilant eye on all visitors in order to safeguard our residents. Non-pedestrian entrances, such as the monorail and the bus stations and the parking garage, are similarly guarded, and numerous Safezoneä booths provide impregnable places of refuge in the unlikely event that an incident does take place. Simply step inside one of these booths and press the PANICBUTTONä to seal yourself off from any troublemakers while simultaneously alerting building security.

Renraku surveillance cameras and security personnel constantly monitor all public and common areas, insuring continuous protection in every hallway, plaza, store and park.

Access above the sixth floor is carefully controlled by live guards and automated systems, including Renraku’s exclusive HearSayä voice recognition identification system. In addition to the security on the residential and business floors, the elevators also serve as part of the arcology’s protective systems. Evertone traveling above the sixth floor must be identified as an arcology employee or resident, or an authorized pre-registered guest of one, before the elevator will leave the public areas.

We’ve even taken steps to protect against the unlikely possibility of terrorist activities. The building’s exterior glass is armored and mirrored on all floors, and surveillance outside is as complete as it is inside. In case of emergency, elite members of the famed Red Samurai brigade are station at the arcology to ensure a prompt, safe response to trouble of any kind.

Sounds nice eh? Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://shadowrun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Opens in Downtown Seattle Empty Too late for Security

Post  Twixed Sun 03 Jan 2010, 9:56 pm

I heard from an inside source that someone ALREADY got something out of the Arcology before all these vaunted security measures were in place. Even so it must have been tough. Anybod got any ideas what got out? And given to who?
Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Tue 05 Jan 2010, 12:20 pm

I lifted a snow globe from the gift shop =3
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Macushla Tue 05 Jan 2010, 11:24 pm

Maybe we can ask our Johnson bout a possible job. Sounds like they might have some serious credit.
Macushla
Macushla

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Wed 06 Jan 2010, 5:52 am

Longinuss wrote:I lifted a snow globe from the gift shop =3

A snow globe huh? bet you had to do some fancy decking to keep the security cameras off you.

Just out of curiosity did you nab the Big crystal snow globe with a mini Arcology in it or did you take a small glass one with a mini Arcology in it?
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Sat 09 Jan 2010, 10:10 am

@Miranda:
Techincally it was the delivery truck I snookered. They stopped at my local dinner when I happened to be there so I thought while they're helping themselves to lunch, I'd help myself to a sneek-peek of whatever tech they were transporting.
No tech. Ended up getting the small one...didn't see the sense in having a bigger globe with the same sized arcology as the small globe.
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Thu 12 Aug 2010, 12:12 am

It feels like a really nice, really big shopping mall, the roller-coasters in the middle are a nice touch.
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down