ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Explosion in Seattle

4 posters

Go down

Underground Explosion in Seattle Empty Underground Explosion in Seattle

Post  Captain_Chaos Thu 26 Aug 2010, 10:43 pm

-News Net Nov 9th 2058 wrote:"A massive explosion shook the Glow City region of the Redmond Barrens at aproximately 4:34 am yesterday. Witnesses say they heard and felt a rumble beneath their feet, the roar traveling as far away as Tacoma.

Eva Leuwendyke of the UCAS Geological Service states, "We've known about a large complex of underground caves for some time. The explosion seems to have been caused by a large natural build-up of methane gas; some unsuspecting spelunker probably lit a cigarette and blew up the gas pocket."

The UCAS is sending rescue teams into the caverns to search for trapped survivors. Experts do not believe, however, that anyone could have lived through the explosion."

That's the official story... now let's see if anyone wants to give a dissenting opinion.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Underground Explosion in Seattle Empty Re: Underground Explosion in Seattle

Post  Dark*Star Sun 29 Aug 2010, 1:11 am

Notice how they make absolutely no public mention of Renraku Computer Systems owning that land... You guys know that I'm not one to get on the morality high-horse, but... What they were doing to those people was wrong. Sick, and wrong.

... I have my reasons.

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

Underground Explosion in Seattle Empty Renraku?

Post  Drifter Sun 29 Aug 2010, 4:22 pm

I think you have your facts mixed up. The land was owned by the Universal Brotherhood. And I think it's comforting to know that if I'm ever experience a spelunking accident that I'll be rescued by the entire UCAS military force at Fort Bragg backed up by four heavy artillary units from Knight Errant. I believe they care.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark*Star Sun 29 Aug 2010, 8:33 pm

Money had to come from somewhere. Then again, if the Megacorps put as much effort into not being evil as they do in covering up their tracks, the world might actually be a decent place to live in these days.

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

Underground Explosion in Seattle Empty Renraku: Sick and Wrong

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Mon 06 Sep 2010, 4:42 am

Mad And you guys WONDER why I wanted out of the megas! I mean sheesh, I used to LIVE with Renraku when my dad worked for them. I wouldn't put it past them to snatch kids in their sleep and experiment on them with cybered-out dolls and toxic lolli-pops. Twisted Evil
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Underground Explosion in Seattle Empty figures

Post  Drifter Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:05 pm

Ohh. I wondered how you got your implants so young...
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down