ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex

+6
Drifter
vanguard
Macushla
H.Q.
0V3RB34R
Dancer
10 posters

Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex

Post  Dancer Sat 05 Dec 2009, 5:13 am

Hey all, have you heard of the Universal Brotherhood? They're a charitable organization that helps people learn to better themselves. They provide food and shelter for the homeless and drek loads of other things! AND they just opened a new chapter in Seattle in a building called the Octagon. This is an up and comer chummers, they have over 300 chapters in North America and over 100 internationally. It's nice to know that someone still cares out there.
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty Re: The Universal Brotherhood

Post  0V3RB34R Sat 05 Dec 2009, 5:19 am

Oh My God It's A Self-Help Group!

RUN AWAY!

Don't Drink the Punch!!!!
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty Re: The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex

Post  H.Q. Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:22 am

*giggles*
Flea the scene like a rat running off a sinking ship!
lol!
H.Q.
H.Q.

Location : *giggles* Shhh it's a secret location in the city zoo....Ooops...

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty Re: The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex

Post  Macushla Sun 10 Jan 2010, 7:35 am

0V3RB34R wrote:Oh My God It's A Self-Help Group!

RUN AWAY!

Don't Drink the Punch!!!!

Agreed. Unless they are offering that 150 year old scotch I hear they only produced 50 barrels that Da said his Da heard about. I would go to the info meeting for that bit, drink the scotch, and then bounce.
Macushla
Macushla

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty motivation

Post  vanguard Fri 06 Aug 2010, 6:43 pm

My dad always told me that people always have a reason to do what they do. I think this brotherhood is no different. Some things that sound to good to be true just are.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty any others

Post  Drifter Sat 07 Aug 2010, 5:09 pm

OK, so their's a new HB chapter in Seattle. Rest assured that I have programed to coordinates into my tactical nuke fire control and my thumb in on the dead-man switch.

Are their any others? 300 chapters in North America but only one in Seattle? Where is the next nearest one?

I want to estimate how fast their backup can arrive...
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Sat 07 Aug 2010, 9:11 pm

Wow Drifter!

Trigger Happy much?

Who's next on your list of targets to bomb, the local Samaritan House or Goodwill?

Dancer wrote:They're a charitable organization that helps people learn to better themselves. They provide food and shelter for the homeless and drek loads of other things!

What part of what Dancer said makes you think they are any more threatening than the Mormons who also go door to door. Just tell them you're not interested and they will smile and walk away.
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Sun 08 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

@Alice
Clearly you've missed Nightfire's thread regarding at least some chapters of the Universal Brotherhood inducting and transmuting people into hives of bullet proof insects via insect shaman magic.

Now aren't you glad somebody has your back who uses something larger than those pop-guns you all love carying around?

Wait. Am I trying to compensate for something?!?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:17 pm

oh I saw the threads about "bug spirits" and I asked some of my more magically inclined friends if they had ever heard of such a thing.

They all said No.

So I'm going to need to see one of these bad boys for myself before I start to believe in Giant Bugs.

PS:
Have you considered getting a can of Raid? I know the bugs are a little bigger than average over by Glow City.
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty On using Nukes

Post  Dr. D Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:23 pm

On the use of tactical nukes against the various chapters of the UB.

As much as I do enjoy explosions and the resulting spray of body parts... As a doctor I'd like to point out that tactical nukes, even of small yield; and especially if used on a multitude of places at once as you are suggesting; would kill a great deal MORE people than just the ones you are aiming for. The blast radius of even a small nuke could take out a city block, and the fallout radiation would kill thousands more in the weeks and months following that. The collateral damage would be quite high.

Oh yes, and I'm sure the government would take VERY kindly to nuclear weapons from undisclosed assets being used on UCAS soil.
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Post  Twixed Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:35 pm

Alice wrote:
PS:
Have you considered getting a can of Raid? I know the bugs are a little bigger than average over by Glow City.

Actually, though I'm certain you didn't intend it to be, that is about right...

My teacher always used to say, "As below, so above..." This of course was simply paraphrasing an axiom of magical theory....

These creatures look like insects native to this plane, yet they are from somewhere else. Fire elementals are vulnerable to water, as natural fire is, so maybe these spirits are vulnerable to the same things natural insects are.

Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  NightFire Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:46 pm

@Drifter

The UB's Octagon headquarters in Seattle IS the primary one in the area, however, there are other smaller recruitment sites within the metroplex. There are several in the barrens, Puyullup and Redmond... I hear they back some relief camps even in Glow City.

As a seemingly beneficial group they've set up in Cal free, a few small places in the NAN, but more widely in the rest of the eastern UCAS. Which doesn't even begin to cover their international assests.

I'm uploading the addresses of the local sites to Shadowland.

I am all for any action taken against the UB... but we're going to need intel. This thing is too big to just go in guns blazing. If there's a head, we need to find it and cut if off. If these things are bugs... they probably have queens... maybe they have a central place where the queens are held?

NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty A Slight Problem with your Story

Post  Dr. D Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:56 pm

I hate to burst people's tiny little bubbles, but as to the "as below, so above" mumbo jumbo, I see some gaping holes to your claims.

Didn't the dear Mr. Nightfire say that there were varities in the species of insect? Roaches, ants and wasps were mentioned I believe?

First of all, different ant species do NOT work together, let alone with other insects. So we have a contradiction to this increasingly improbable story.

Second, roaches do NOT have queens. So you cannot find and kill their queens that they do NOT HAVE.
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

The Universal Brotherhood Opens new branch in the Metroplex Empty sprits

Post  vanguard Mon 09 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

The world of the spirits is not an easy one to grasp for most so i can see where your skepticism comes from. However it is clear to those who study that magic has almost limitless applications and almost no limitations. You cannot let what you know of this world cloud your view of the astral world.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Thu 12 Aug 2010, 1:31 am

Alice wrote:oh I saw the threads about "bug spirits" and I asked some of my more magically inclined friends if they had ever heard of such a thing.

They all said No.

So I'm going to need to see one of these bad boys for myself before I start to believe in Giant Bugs.

PS:

Of course they all said no. This is brand new. Aren't you glad to live in interesting times?
Tell you what. Once I finish off the next one I meet with a howatzer I'll drop it off at your doorstep so you can do your experiments with pesticides.
Be carefull out their. Just 'cause you don't believe it doesn't mean you can't plan for it.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Thu 12 Aug 2010, 1:38 am

Dr. D wrote:On the use of tactical nukes against the various chapters of the UB.

As much as I do enjoy explosions and the resulting spray of body parts... As a doctor I'd like to point out that tactical nukes, even of small yield; and especially if used on a multitude of places at once as you are suggesting; would kill a great deal MORE people than just the ones you are aiming for. The blast radius of even a small nuke could take out a city block, and the fallout radiation would kill thousands more in the weeks and months following that. The collateral damage would be quite high.

Oh yes, and I'm sure the government would take VERY kindly to nuclear weapons from undisclosed assets being used on UCAS soil.

Are you trying to tell me the Octagon is smaller than a city block? I haven't been there. Too scared.

And the modern fusion tactical nukes are much cleaner than their fission predicesors. They only make your hair and teeth fall out with the fallout. And they're so cute and cuddly! I use one as a teddy bear when I sleep at night.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down