ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renraku Arcology Locked Down

4 posters

Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty Renraku Arcology Locked Down

Post  Captain_Chaos Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:23 am

December 24th 2059. The SCIRE, aka. the Renraku Arcology situated in downtown Seattle and headquarters of Renraku's American division, closed unexpectedly on Christmas Eve. It was at the height of the shopping frenzy, so the malls were packed with shoppers, in addition to the normal residents of the arcology.

All that is known so far is that about 1800 hours the arcology lost power for about 4 minutes, cutting off all connections to the outside world, at the same time some of the arcology's security systems were activated. When the power came back on the telecom and matrix connections were not reestablished. The SCIRE remains isolated. Over 100,000 residents and visitors remain inside and unnaccounted for.

More information as we get it.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty wait i live by there

Post  Drifter Wed 26 Oct 2011, 2:53 am

Well. My gieger counter registers only normal background radiation for the area so if it is terrorists they probably only have conventional weapons which means no chance of them getting out until the guys in charge throw the switch again. Is 6pm on christmas eve significant to any know splinter group?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty Corrections

Post  Captain_Chaos Wed 26 Oct 2011, 3:41 am

Apologies, I have to correct myself: It was NOT Christmas Eve, it was Dec 19th. (my chronometer must be busted). Despite my mistake, the arcology is still closed as we approach the new year.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty Winternight!

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:36 am

DUDE! I saw a post on Shadowland about this crazy group of fraggers called Winternight! They like... wanna end the world... Norse style! pale I mean these crazy guys wanna bring around and honest-to-ghost Ragnarok. fire Think that the'll become gods or something after we've all gone poof. From what I heard they collect all sorts of weapons of mass destruction: nuclear material, biowarfare stuff, anything... and well... I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the arcology is sitting on top three, count em, THREE nuclear reactors in its subbasements! NOT FREAKIN' GOOD! affraid So um... I dunno... that would be a REALLY bad splinter group to take over the arcology. And stuff.
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty burned and blasted

Post  Drifter Sat 05 Nov 2011, 4:37 pm

It'll be a burned and blasted wasteland but they'll be the most glorious thing in it? Honestly. Didn't this line of thinking go out with Cuthulu? The elder gods eat you. That's how they make you part of god.

Am I missing something here. A typical nuclear reactor will power a small state. Why does the Arcology have three of them? I'm all for redundancy but that seems excessive. Or are they three small ones? Like the size that power cruse ships? That would make sense. They would also have minimal meltdown capacity and make a poor target for terrorists. It's not like modern nuclear reactors can explode. Wrong type of fuel.

Wait, are they using fusion?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty Re: Renraku Arcology Locked Down

Post  NightFire Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:51 am

I don't know about fusion or not, but my sources tell me that the reactors are large and of course put out a ton of power out. They really only needed ONE reactor at a time. They could have two for extra power needs and the third usually offline for maintenance. Any excess power they sold to the Seattle grid.

But that's not the news I wanted to add: I've just found that as of January fifth, the UCAS military has moved into downtown Seattle. Word is that one Brigadier General Angela Colloton is heading up what is now a military operation to contain and/or reclaim the arcology. And this was OVER the corps heads. I'm also told that she interrupted a United Corporate Council meeting while the collected corps were trying to figure what to DO about the shutdown. Bet they feel a bit slapped, eh?
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty can it be true

Post  Drifter Sat 19 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

Let me get this straight. A megacorp is experiencing a crisis of unknown proportion and the government is stepping in? The president may not be a dragon but he's got some massive superchargers. I know once this thing is over Renraku would want to cover up what really happened. The UCAS government will no doubt be telling us similar lies but at least someone besides Renraku will know the truth.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Renraku Arcology Locked Down Empty Re: Renraku Arcology Locked Down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down