ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn

+3
NightFire
Drifter
Captain_Chaos
7 posters

Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn

Post  Captain_Chaos Thu 19 May 2011, 5:05 am

The UCAS Federal Government has created the Scott Commission headed Chief Justice of the UCAS Supreme Court, Richard Scott.

Appointees:
Sen. David Ralph (Dem., Illinois)
Sen. Melissa Washington (Re. Maine)
Representative Jess Rummens (Tech. Iowa)
Representative Sarah Lynn (Independent, Vermont)
Carla Brooks, advisor to former President Dunkelzahn and Presdient Haeffner
Dr. Frazer Williams, Director of Magic and Occult Studeis, Georgetown University
Gen. Steven Coe Bowling, Former Director of the CIA

Their one task is to figure out who did it. Good luck boys and girls. Thus far, the Scott Commission has exonerated Kyle Haeffner, Dunkelzahn's VP of any blame in the assassination. Haeffner has named Nadja Daviar his Vice President, pending further questioning by the Scott Commission; (She's still an unofficial suspect in the Big D's death).
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty qualify

Post  Drifter Sun 22 May 2011, 4:36 pm

I know she was translator and exectutor but does anyone know what Nadja Daviar's qualifications are to be VP? Does Haeffner have to get Senate approval or is this a done deal?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty Nadja Daviar

Post  NightFire Mon 30 May 2011, 11:32 pm

Having done some digging on just that subject, she is still a big question mark. Here’s what I’ve got: Daviar hails from Estonia, Eastern Europe. Record keeping is uh… spotty over there. With the Euro-wars following close at the heels of the Crash of 2029 most useful records from the previous twenty to fifty years went up in smoke. According to Dunkelzahns various press kits and public info servers, Ms Daviar was born in 2014 during one of the first waves of UGE in Europe. Her parents were killed in a riot when she was eight. She lived in an orphanage until her teens. From there we have a blank until she resurfaces in Prague at the age of 21. Somehow in the intervening years she’d gained a plush apartment and a fair amount of money, of which the source remains unknown. The data trail was well-scrubbed, which suggests some matrix juggling that would require a decker of some skill. She developed a reputarion as a socialite and patron of the arts in Europoe, especially Budapest, Paris and Barcelona, which became her favorite haunts. She was charming witty, well-versed in art and culture, but always a true woman of mystery. She dallied with but never became attached to several suitors.
She met Dunkelzahn supposedly in 2039 where the dragon was attending an exhibit to French artist Adam Alone. They seemed taken with each other, and photos of the two were splashed all over the French tabloids soon after. Two weeks after their meeting, it was announced that she would act as Dunkelzahn’s “Voice” on his trid show “Wyrm Talk.”
She seemed to fall into the role and had almost never left his side since. In addition to acting as translator, she was also his personal assistant and secretary. His right hand Girl-Friday in everything. Which really cheesed off his previous translator, Holly Brighton. Daviar has since run Dunkelzahn’s affairs with a “crisp efficiency” that could have gotten her hired anywhere in the corporate world. Not surprisingly, Dunkelzahn appointed Daviar his campaign manager for the big election and it seems she played a big part in winning her boss the big prize. Beyond that… well, she’s still a lady of mystery. One who now holds the reigns to what-amounts-to a megacorporation, and will probably become VP on top of it. Make no mistake, Nadja Daviar is one of the most powerful women in the world.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty Re: Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn

Post  0V3RB34R Mon 30 May 2011, 11:36 pm

Actually, the Scott Commission aquitted her. And yes they approved her. And yes, she is heading the big ol' White House. Hallelujah! cheers Or something. Huh, well she's lucky that the natural-born thing got changed before the Big D ran for office.
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty little background politics

Post  Drifter Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

OK I'm working on several theories and would like a little background information.

When was the natural born US citizenship dropped as a presidential requirement and who was responsible for the push that brought that about?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty Re: Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn

Post  sparky Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:12 am

Until recently, I'm not sure I would have believed that a dragon could be killed that easily...
sparky
sparky

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty Theories

Post  0V3RB34R Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:35 am

Drifter wrote:OK I'm working on several theories and would like a little background information.

When was the natural born US citizenship dropped as a presidential requirement and who was responsible for the push that brought that about?
Well, I'm not sure when it happened. But why is it important? I'd like to hear more about this theory of yours. Maybe the Shadowland community could shed a little light on it.
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty once is coincidenc, twice is happenstance, three times...

Post  Drifter Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:52 am

All right. I look for patterns. The biggest problem with people who look for pattern is that they can see patterns in random noise. So when I see a pattern I don't just settle; I look for corroborating evidence.

Dunkelzahn's disappearance is puzzling. On top of that he's arranged things so that his stated goals are being furthered even in his absence. Not surprising by itself as we all do that but he could have sprung any of those will-bombs at any time when he was still here.

Why didn't he?

One possibility is because he has to be gone in order to insure the recipients know there's no strings attached. I would certainly be suspicious of a gift from a living dragon.

OK, so far it's all speculation possibly derived from denial. I want DZ to be OK, be here, be president. The world's a scary place and he seemed to have a handle on some of the big problems.

But I have to wonder if this is part of some larger plan. If so the easiest way to tell is start looking for signs that DZ has been setting this up for a long time. Not just the will, as that has clearly been longed planed, but the smooth transition of the presidency after his death.

I wanted to find out if DZ was in any way responsible or supportive of the repeal of the natural born requirement for presidency. If so, it's not exactly a smoking gun but it is suggestive.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:12 am

eh, so he's gone.... I didn't vote for him

weird that there wouldn't be a body... kinda convenient some might say, I've got friends putting money on this whole thing being a fake, i mean i am taking there money betting that he's not coming back... but hey some people believe he'll return...

then again some people believe in Santa
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty clearly he's gone

Post  Drifter Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

No, clearly he's gone. No matter who's driving this was obviously ment for the long haul. I'm just seeing signs that he did it to himself instead of someone doing it to him.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Scott Commision formed to Investigate Death of Dunkelzahn  Empty not dead

Post  vanguard Sun 10 Jul 2011, 5:11 am

i know it probably doesn't matter to a lot of people but i feel like pointing out the fact that as far as i can tell using my knowledge of the sixth world it is far more likely that D transcended into the meta planes and is not in fact dead. While it is unlikely he will return within any of our lifetimes Dragons measure time in a very different way.
My main point is this council will not find anyone legitimately guilty because no crime was committed.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down