ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunkelzahn's Will

+2
Drifter
Chromed Accountant
6 posters

Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty Dunkelzahn's Will

Post  Chromed Accountant Sat 14 May 2011, 4:31 am

As the will is being released, (and it is a long will indeed) Cap wanted me to share with you the Great Dragon's thoughts on his will in his own words:
Dunkelzahn's Will wrote:May 22nd 2059
"On the Execution of my will…

I have managed to accumulate considerable possessions over the course of my lifetime, almost against my will. That, I suppose is the nature of dragons, to acquire and accumulate physical representations of our long memories and pasts. We are sentimental creatures at heart; I have yet to know a dragon who can simply throw away anything possessing even the smallest amount of meaning to him.

To see to the Herculean task of administering my ridiculously vast estate and assure that my wishes are carried out, I authorize my executor, Nadja Daviar, to use what funds are necessary from the balance of my estate for the establishment of the Draco Foundation. This Foundation will have a Board of Trustees consisting of Ms. Daviar, and six others to be appointed by her.
The trustees will oversee the administration of the Foundation and the execution of my last wishes as described in this will.

I suppose it is necessary that I acknowledge how dramatically I have broken from the traditions of my race by arranging for my effects to be distributed according to my own instructions. I will simply say that this is an eminently sensible idea I borrowed from humankind with the sole intention of avoiding the traditionally destructive events that almost always follow the death of one of our kind. I herby warn my fellow dragons against contesting this document in the usual way, for doing so will reflect poorly on our reputations in this Awakened age.

I have been compiling and updating this document off and on for many years, always striving to make my will accurately represent… well, my will. (My understanding is that most humans use their wills as instruments of encouragement and revenge, and it seemed like an excellent idea.) If I appear to have missed the mark, then please view my efforts charitably, and keep in mind that I take the very long view of things. In addition to designating specific recipients for many things I have accumulated that will serve a better purpose in other hands, I have made bequests that I hope will foster the development of some of my favorite metahuman characteristics.

I have always wished to aid metahumanity in its quest for knowledge, but I have been reminded by a friend that I should not deny them the joy of discovery in doing so. Therefore, I have committed certain assets to encourage the most noble endeavor of the human intellect. I have found in my long life that truth is quite often a matter of opinion, and that it is possible for many truths to be held by many people at the same time without one truth being necessarily greater than another. It is my wish to advance the cause of truth in the world only as much as I can advance understanding. The concept that all beings are equal in the eyes of the universe, regardless of their appearance or origins, without concern for their beliefs, goes against millennia of human history in which slavery, torture and murder were the order of the day for those that did not conform to the Will of the State. More amazing still is that a nation founded upon such a radical principle was able to survive and prosper. Therefore, I have committed certain assets to honor the revolutionary dream that sparked a vision of a world where justice prevailed for all."
Chromed Accountant
Chromed Accountant

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty who's the executor?

Post  Drifter Sun 15 May 2011, 5:11 pm

Er. wan't Nadja Daviar in the limo with D?
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty Re: Dunkelzahn's Will

Post  Miranda Sun 15 May 2011, 5:29 pm

No Nadja Daviar was still at the party when Dunkelzahn was... disincarnated...
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromed Accountant Mon 16 May 2011, 5:05 am

The will is enormous as I'm sure you can all guess. Dunkelzahn leaves money for scientific discoveries, research, and the creation of whole new organizations. He doles out trinkets and cryptic advice. He even leaves special and strange instructions to be carried out at later dates and at specific times. The nuyen is flying, and we'll see who catches it.

The Draco Foundation is the foremost organization the dragon's will creates. It has been awarded untold amounts of nuyen to administer Dunkelzahns bequests and continue whatever it is he was doing.

I'm not going to post the whole will, for that you'll have to scan the thing yourself, but I'll put out a few highlights we runners might find interesting...
Dunkelzahn's Will wrote:
"In order to discourage the proliferation of toxic shamans, I offer a bounty of 1 million nuyen on any toxic shaman captured alive and delivered to the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical research for the purposes of studying the effects of toxicity on the physical and astral presence of such shamans, and how they in turn impact the physical and astral world. Because I believe that we will not eliminate the poison of toxic shaman until we eliminate the poisons fouling the earth, I further offer substantial rewards to those parties willing and able to detoxify polluted areas across the globe. Interested parties should contact the Draco Foundation for funds and a description of the conditions accompanying those funds."

Good cred for anyone willing to go hunting toxic shamans. Not that I would.
Dunkelzahn's Will wrote:
"To Miles Lanier, head of Fuchi Internal Security, I leave 4 millions shares of stock in Renraku Corporation, plus the board seat to which said shares entitle him."

This is a big deal. Fuchi and Renraku have been feuding forever. Will Lanier jump ship to Renraku?
Dunkelzahn's Will wrote:
"To the first party to successfully explain the existence, abilities and origin of the children of the matrix, known as the Otaku, I leave 5 millions nuyen for continued research in the relationship between man and machine."

I don't know much about this... but there are rumors out there... and the dragon wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Dunkelzahn's Will wrote:“To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 1835 in the Renraku Arcology in Seattle and report their findings to the Draco Foundation, I leave 5 million nuyen.”

Breaking into the impregnable SCIRE for 5 mil? Anyone game? It's good money. Cool

More to come...

Chromed Accountant
Chromed Accountant

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty i am loving this except...

Post  Drifter Sun 22 May 2011, 4:54 pm

I am not happy that he's gone but I am loving this. Amazing stuff.

I am a little curious about how one is supposed to claim some of these bequeaths without admitting to a legally recognized semi-political organization run by the VP of the UCAS that they broke the law.

“Yes, Ms. Daviar, that is what’s behind door number whatever. How do I know? Well I broke into… what are all these Feds doing here all of a sudden?”

To that end I officially offer my services as transportation expert to anyone who does not want to collect in person. Let’s start with a 1% fee…
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty WIll PDF

Post  sparky Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

hey guys, I've posted the will here:
Dunkelzahn's Will
sparky
sparky

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty Thank You

Post  Captain_Chaos Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:12 pm

A BIG thank you to Sparky for letting us all access the will easily. Way to keep Shadowland in the thick of things.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparky Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

So I was thinking... Dunkelzahn's will says "that, i suppose, is the nature of dragons" and then says he's got millions of dollars of stuff lying around. Didn't we just kill one of these things? Shouldn't we be looking for his broom closet or whatever?
sparky
sparky

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty weren't you in it?

Post  Drifter Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:26 am

I think you were in it's broom closet. Though I'd really like to know where it had been before it showed up where you were. And I think dragon use banks and stock brokers now. I wouldn't expect them to leave vaulables lying around in a big pile.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Dunkelzahn's Will Empty money

Post  vanguard Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:58 am

so when are we going after the 5 mil?
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content