ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Brotherhood Busted

5 posters

Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty Universal Brotherhood Busted

Post  Captain_Chaos Thu 26 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

-News Net Nov 9th 2058 wrote:"The UCAS FBI have officially charged the humanitarian organization known as the Universal Brotherhood with tax evasion, money laundering, and various corrupt practices. Time will tell if the UB will withstand the accusations brought to them."

But wait, there's more! Beyond the legal smackdown facing the UB, there have been raids, hit-and-runs, and even full out geeking of UB higher-ups. The News is calling it "a spate of unmotivated terrorist violence against the troubled Universal Brotherhood" But something tells me there's a bit more going on than run-of-the-mill terrorism.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty shady bussiness

Post  vanguard Sat 28 Aug 2010, 3:49 am

Honestly I have heard that the UB has been behind some pretty low stuff and i wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't anyone left to be held accountable in a few months. People seem pretty good at taking care of their own, or at least taking pot shots at someone when they are down, the someone being the UB in this case.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty Shocked

Post  Drifter Sun 29 Aug 2010, 4:35 pm

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that that an upstanding organization like the UB, responsible for removing so much of the unwanted element from off our fair streets, should be guilty of fraud. Just because they've been replacing the unwanted element with hives of hedious bug monsters is no reason for such a trumped up charge. Of course I may feel differently later. Ask me again in a year.

To the core members of the UB I have this quesiton: Given the raids by the UCAS, do you think you are more of an asset or a liability to your organization? Watch your back.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty The Spread of the Bugs

Post  Twixed Mon 30 Aug 2010, 4:55 am

You have to admire the elgance of the whole idea: to find suitable hosts, a hive of bugs uses a charitable and apparently non-profit organization to pick up vagrants and sinless who no-one will miss. Genious. If I were in the body-snatching business, that's what I would do. But alas it is not to be. It seems the UB is on the outs. My dreams of ruling an insect hive are dashed.

But seriously... none too soon if you ask me. If the bugs are as wide-spread as the UB, we may already be too late to contain them. And if they remain at large, they pose a serious risk to humanity as we know it. Their gestation and investiture cycles alone can attest to that. Based on some of the info some friends of mine have gleaned; a queen can be summoned by an ant shaman within weeks of forming a hive, and then a queen in turn can summon workers to her at a rate of roughly ten a day as long as she has bodies to invest them in. The hosts are then slowly transformed... the stronger the ant spirit the longer the change; but again takes about 3 to five days or more.

So as you can see the bugs have the potential to spread quickly.

Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty chilling numbers

Post  Drifter Wed 01 Sep 2010, 6:56 am

OK, that's just scary. A single hive could produce 3000 bug monsters in a year. I don't know about you but even at my best I don't think I could handle more than 30. The question is would we miss 3000 vagrants dissapearing off our streets?

The bigger question is: Do these hives breed more queens by themselves or does each queen need a shaman to bring it forth?

If a shaman is required for each queen then we only need to estimate the number of scum-bag-idiot shamans in the world (not too hard given the known percentage of awakened peoples).

If hives can breing about new queens on their own then the growth rate of bug monsters is geometric and the huminoid races are already doomed. Don't buy life insurance.

Let's hope queens are antagonistic to each other.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty ants

Post  vanguard Wed 01 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

well if they are anything like real ants then they would have pointless territorial battles in which hundreds on each side would die without much of anything being gained, unless one hive was so much stronger that it would be able to wipe out the other one completely. wait what race are we talking about?
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty Territorial Battles

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Mon 06 Sep 2010, 4:47 am

Very Happy I LOVE pointless territorial battles! I do that with my roomates for the bathroom every morning, noon and evening. And then there's the times that people bug me for letting the cords of my stuff spill outta my room, and spot on the couch-that-doesn't-smell-like-pee for trid night. SEE? Pointless, but awesome, EPIC BATTLES! jocolor
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Universal Brotherhood Busted Empty Re: Universal Brotherhood Busted

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down