ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood

+3
Dark*Star
Miranda
NightFire
7 posters

Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood

Post  NightFire Sat 10 Jul 2010, 4:58 am

Let me first say that I have been running the shadows for a good long time... and I am not prone to exaggeration. But friends... I am scared DREKLESS.

The Universal Brotherhood comes off as cute and fuzzy and full of love... They say they want you to become an "agent" of your own life to accomplish your goals and help others... but like so many things that sound to good to be true... it is.

I and a some of my runner friends got hired to find some missing girl... or at least a necklace that she was given by some married schlag and his wife found out about it... you get the picture. Anyway... we followed a few leads and it seemed that the girl was part of the brotherhood and disappeared right after she was supposed to "move up to the inner circle" in the Brotherhood.

So we broke into the Brotherhood's HQ the Octagon one night and we got alot more than we bargained for. There were THINGS lurking there... inhuman... part insect... like those giant ant pictures that Cap posted... but it wasn't just ANTS.

In the bowels of the place there were cocoons everywhere... and there were people inside them... all brain mushed. Didn't get much time to poke around due to the mass of bug things that came down on us from all sides, like a bad horror vid. I still don't want to think about it, but it needs to be said. It was a HIVE. Not just a hive... there were hives... as in plural. Ants, termites, roaches, wasps... god knows what else. The party mage said they were spirits. Bug spirits. And he told me this with a shocked and pale face just before a mandible ripped out his midsection.

My buds are gone. I'm the only one that got out... It's all a blur of gunfire, screaming, and running like the devil himself was after me.

How many more of those things are out there? The Universal Brotherhood has chapters all over the UCAS... the world even. Are they ALL infested by bugs? I... I'm shaking just considering it.

If ever we needed to come together against a common enemy, this is it. This is it.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty Re: The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood

Post  Miranda Mon 12 Jul 2010, 4:50 pm

DREK Shocked

Well lets just hope that it's just localized... The alternative make my head hurt just thinking about it. pale

Did you find any way of fighting them to be more effective than other ways?
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty Re: The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood

Post  NightFire Thu 22 Jul 2010, 8:06 pm

Funny thing... They seemed resistant to bullets... but you shoot em enough times and they'll still drop. Grenades were next to useless. Somehow the explosives just didn't faze them.

No idea what they might be vulnerable to... didn't exactly have time to test theories you know, omae?

NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark*Star Sun 01 Aug 2010, 11:58 pm

Something tells me you probably won't want to stab them, either...

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty load for bear

Post  Drifter Tue 03 Aug 2010, 1:51 am

That just means their armored like elite military. Plan accordingly. I hate to say this given my own particular vulnurability but if you're group's not packing anti-vehicle weapons you should probably stay home till you can invest. Analysis of the last 3.021 seconds of the posted footage shows that a full-auto heavy calibur works just fine. Muzzle flash looked like a RPK heavy machine gun. Though if anyone knows who did the work on that turret let me know. Steady as a rock at 150 rounds per minute (I timed it).

You can also let me know why a 'movie' is using heavy load live ammunition near their actors. Look at the timeing between the muzzle flash and the impact on the far wall through the bug thing. 925fps. No special effect is that well timed.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty Insect brothers?

Post  vanguard Fri 06 Aug 2010, 6:31 pm

This might be worth looking into. An infestation should be stopped as quickly as it is noticed. If these things take root they could be impossible to stop. Insect spirits should make any one shiver
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark*Star Fri 06 Aug 2010, 8:33 pm

Nothing makes me shiver.

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Sat 07 Aug 2010, 9:34 pm

Are you serious NightFire?

I find this dreck hard to swallow.

How do we know you were not doing drugs while watching Against the Hive Masters?
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood Empty permanently shivering

Post  Drifter Sun 08 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Dark*Star wrote:Nothing makes me shiver.

-
You just can't tell when you're shivering or not due to that permanent state of epelepsy you've induced in yourself.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:13 pm

I sometimes have a permanent state of epilepsy... usually when I'm having hyper-cola. That stuff is awesome! bounce
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down