ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation on Rigged Elections

+3
Dancer
Miranda
Dr. D
7 posters

Go down

Speculation on Rigged Elections Empty Speculation on Rigged Elections

Post  Dr. D Tue 24 Mar 2009, 3:28 am

Captain_Chaos wrote:Startling news chummers! (Or maybe not so startling to the vast majority of cynics amongst us): The elections of 2056, having been dubbed "the dullest election of the 21st century" by the media; has turned out to have been rigged!

The remote vote system had apparently fallen victim to electronic tampering; which cast the victory of President Thomas Steele, and VP James Booth, into question. Congress launched an investigation and has announced its decision to impeach the President and Vice President! We will announce more as we hear it.

Now Chummers, you can get all this on the local screamsheets, but the reason this becomes important to you and me, is the opportunities that open up. Candidates will be looking for more than just mudslinging. As the future would-be leaders of the UCAS, there's gonna be a demand for Runners. Be careful out there.

So it's rigged. The only news worthy part of this is that there going to try to Fix it for a new outcome.
This just means that there will be more demand for runners, and a lot more new blood filling the gutters than average.
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Rigged Elections Empty :?:

Post  Miranda Tue 24 Mar 2009, 5:07 am

I think one of the more important questions that this bit of news raises is
"Who has the most to gain from this?"

History shows people cheat all the time, but even when they do, they are rarely called out on it.
Who plans on winning by calling the President and the VP out?
Question
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Rigged Elections Empty Re: Speculation on Rigged Elections

Post  Dancer Tue 24 Mar 2009, 4:25 pm

A good thought, we will have more clues once we see who put there bids in as new candidates, and which Corporations and other organizations stand behind them in there campaign.
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  H.Q. Tue 24 Mar 2009, 7:19 pm

*sighs* This is so lame, why the hell do they pull stupid stuff like this? *chuckles* I wonder what happened to the person who found out about all this and blabbed. Maybe a price will be put on their head soon....*evil grin* Oh well....At least that means new bounties are going to be up soon....*giggles*

Last edited by H.Q. on Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
H.Q.
H.Q.

Location : *giggles* Shhh it's a secret location in the city zoo....Ooops...

Back to top Go down

Post  NightFire Wed 25 Mar 2009, 11:29 pm

There is going to be a lot of work for us runners corporate and freelance alike. And an extra word of warning to the survivors of botched runs and to new runners. If the price your being offered sounds to good to be true; it is. No amount of money is worth a suicide run. Stay friendly with your fixer and keep safe.

From what i hear we are going to see a lot of interesting hats being thrown the presidential ring, mind which corps are paying for adds and openly backing candidates, it will help you get a feel for who you're running for and against in any individual run.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Macushla Thu 26 Mar 2009, 8:11 am

Rhian wrote:*sighs* This is so lame, why the hell do they pull stupid stuff like this? *chuckles* I wonder what happened to the person who found out about all this and blabbed. Maybe a price will be put on their head soon....*evil grin* Oh well....At least that means new bounties are going to be up soon....*giggles*

Call it my own personal conspiracy theory, but all elections are rigged to some degree. As for the whistleblower, they're probally as dead as the whiskey bottle I just killed. We may as well profit from all the shinanegans.
Macushla
Macushla

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Thu 26 Mar 2009, 6:49 pm

Shenanigans indeed.
So the corporation essentially are the canidates, right? and we live more or less by sticking our peckers out for the corporations, thus, we really dont have a choice but to be thrown into the political ring.
No kidding it was rigged, check you last runs..ya prolly inadvertantly had a hand in it. We're facilitating a shadow-political war really. The apathetic fella that said "One vote don't really matter" had no idea how true it was I bet.

Last edited by Longinuss on Sat 28 Mar 2009, 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Thu 26 Mar 2009, 7:21 pm

Longinuss wrote:Shenanigans indeed.
So the corporations essentially are the candidates...

Essentially yes, in a way... Technically no.

Think of it like this, the corporations are buying shares of influences with the various candidates so that legislation will act in there favor. But just like investing in the stock market it's silly to put all your eggs in one basket. So the various corps will back a few candidates each. That way they have a greater likelihood of have an influence in the white house.

So basically each presidential candidate represents the interests of any number of corporations.

Though in some ways this seems a moot point, seeing as how Mega corps are considered exterritorial anyway. In some ways it matters more for the corps that are not in the top 8 than it matters for the top 8 Mega corps themselves. Though it is always to the benefit of the top 8, to keep the number of Mega corps from growing. Why deal with more compotation than is absolutely necessary?
Miranda
Miranda

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Sat 28 Mar 2009, 4:56 am

Gotcha.
My appologies dear synners, I confess I didn't have me poli-knowsoft pluged in the other day.
Thanks for fraggin me post Miranda, hope you dont hold anything I say against me...still a we bit new to the area.

Still, if the P and V were called out jimmyin the election the first time round, the Longinus would like to know..
A) Who'd they piss off
or
B) Who should have won, didn't, and is mad about it
and/or
C) Why is winnin so important to the fella that steps in next.

Questions for thought indeed. Regardless, the Longinus advises only trusting the P/V's replacements only as far as one can jump from a roving van with a dwarf and bricks.

Any buzz on canidates?
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Sat 28 Mar 2009, 5:25 am

Well it depends if he's conscious or has to be carried, for it is my personal experience that I could make said leap a much further distance than I would ever trust a politician.
Miranda
Miranda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down