ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounty on Ghouls

+6
0V3RB34R
Twixed
H.Q.
Longinuss
alice
Dr. D
10 posters

Go down

Bounty on Ghouls Empty Bounty on Ghouls

Post  Dr. D Wed 01 Apr 2009, 4:32 am

So's you all remember. The Metroplex offers bounties on ghouls. Sometimes 100 nuyen a pop. So if yer low on cred and want someone dead you can kill two birds with one stone. ;-D
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Bounty on Ghouls Empty Re: Bounty on Ghouls

Post  alice Tue 10 Nov 2009, 5:50 am

thanks for the tip.
I fragged a few and got me a shiny new ride with the nuyen from the job
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Thu 03 Dec 2009, 9:26 am

Alright, say I'm from outta town.
What's a Ghoul bruva?
We're not talking bout those pasty pale skinned, black clad, HotTopiCorp branded, emo kids I sees at the club all the time right?
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. D Thu 03 Dec 2009, 5:27 pm

Ghouls:
(Homo sapiens wichtusare, former known as Manesphagus horridus) a mutation caused by a virus known as HMHVV1, specifically the Krieger strain2. They are not technicality un-dead, however they DO eat raw human flesh.

Ghouls regress to a feral state after the change; yet a small minority of ghouls retain their sanity. Those who remain sane often undergo extreme plastic surgery to pass for human and usually replace their blind eyes with cybernetic implants to allow them to see.

1HMHVV (Human Meta-Human Vampiric Virus) The virus has been known to cause changes which often resemble abominations that are no longer human and are occasionally not even sentient.

HMHVV (Primary Strain)
  • A human – (and extremely rarely another metatype) – becomes a vampire — they have many of the classic abilities and vulnerabilities, but are not necessarily limited by holy items
    An elf usually becomes a banshee — a barely sentient hunter
    A dwarf usually becomes a goblin — a pack creature, much reduced in intellectual abilities
    An ork usually becomes a wendigo — they feed on human flesh and look like white Sasquatchs
    A troll usually becomes a dzoo-noo-qua — a massive, deformed, burning-eyed hulk of a humanoid

Only vampires and wendigos can infect others. Banshee, goblins, and dzoo-noo-qua while created by the virus, do not pass the infection on to their victims. I.E. only a vampire/wendigo can create a vampire/banshee/goblin/wendigo/dzoo-noo-qua. (depending on the victims metatype)

2 HMHVV, Krieger (the Krieger strain)
A Krieger infection can be passed on through contact with any bodily fluids from one already infected. Ghouls can be found on every continent humans can be found on. The Krieger strain has also been shown to possess geographically-localized variants that create distinct ghoul sub-species such as the long-limbed sasabonsam of the African nation of Asamando.
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Post  H.Q. Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:26 am

Ooo! Sounds Yummy!
Do their bodies keep running around once you blast their head off too? *laughs* Of course metal bats are just as fun to whack em off with XD
lol!
H.Q.
H.Q.

Location : *giggles* Shhh it's a secret location in the city zoo....Ooops...

Back to top Go down

Post  Twixed Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:34 pm

Ghouls tend to be stronger than humans and tend consume at least one percent of their body weight in raw human flesh each week.

They also have a mild allergy to sunlight that inhibits them slightly but does not harm them.

Though they are physically blind, they are endowed with an enhanced sense of smell and hearing, and have an astral and physical dual-nature that allows them to perceive the astral plane.

Ghouls are especially sensitive to the presence of foreign substances within their bodies, which makes it difficult to use cybernetic implants on them.

They are also completely immune to the VITAS plague.
Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  0V3RB34R Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:39 pm

Ghouls have created their own country in Western Africa, the Ghoul Nation of Asamando, which isn't recognized officially by the UN yet, however it has been officially recognized by the Corporate Court.
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

Post  sparky Thu 14 Oct 2010, 1:51 am

Dont forget, they pay 150 for lady ghouls, too
sparky
sparky

Back to top Go down

Post  Wraith Sat 16 Oct 2010, 8:49 am

Cost-to-benefit ratio considered, this operation rates rather poorly - which isn't terribly surprising for a government venture - the price of the bounty barely meriting the requisite expenses. I suppose if a job takes you to ghoul territory, it's a nice bonus, but I honestly can't see anyone benefiting except perhaps the impoverished-yet-somehow-gun-bearing lower classes.
Wraith
Wraith

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Sat 16 Oct 2010, 11:49 pm

Wraith wrote:Cost-to-benefit ratio considered, this operation rates rather poorly.
Overhead:
bus fair to ghoul infested part of town, 5 nuyen
reasonable ghoul killing gun, 450 nuyen
time, 8 hours

Cost per ghoul:
3 bullets per ghoul, 6 nuyen
biohazard freight costs for ghould bodies to bounty collection facility, 20 nuyen

Wage one could expect to earn in 8 hours at a legitimate job: 250 nuyen

So there you have it folks. If you can take down 4 ghouls per person per day whithout injury or death you and your team can hunt ghouls for a living and maintain a middle class lifestyle. Enjoy!
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Bounty on Ghouls Empty really guys?

Post  vanguard Thu 21 Oct 2010, 3:23 pm

Honestly while the math sounds good i think that it is really ignoring the fact that ghouls are just infected people. I really think that it is odd that instead of trying to cure them the government is going out of its way to have them killed. I think there is something more to this bounty on ghouls than meets the eye.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Bounty on Ghouls Empty People?

Post  Drifter Fri 22 Oct 2010, 5:02 am

vanguard wrote: i think that it is really ignoring the fact that ghouls are just infected people.
Seems pretty clear that some of them are still people. I can't really apply that noun to the vast majority which seem to be mindless eating monsters. When we make machines that do that we call them 'drones', not 'people'.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wraith Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

That, and the math only remains good whilst bullets are two nuyen apiece... Clearly the case for some of us...
Wraith
Wraith

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Fri 22 Oct 2010, 10:59 pm

As much fun as bumping uglies can be, I would point out that after you clear a nest it's not always so easy to find another batch of them.

It's not like there is an unlimited number of feral ghouls.

So I wouldn't advise trying to make ghoul hunting into a day job.
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down