ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit of the Matrix

+2
Outlaw
Ja©K ®abb!t
6 posters

Go down

Spirit of the Matrix Empty Spirit of the Matrix

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:17 am

So... "Spirit of the Matrix"... What is it? Anyone heard of it? I'm just curious cause I heard some people mention it as if it were real and I was wondering... if it was... real. Anyone? confused
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Spirit of the Matrix Empty spirit of the not matrix

Post  Outlaw Sun 21 Aug 2011, 6:50 pm

I have always assumed that when people refer to the spirit of the matrix they are talking about a being similar to what would be considered God for the rest of the world.
Outlaw
Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Spirit of the Matrix Empty Re: Spirit of the Matrix

Post  Dr. D Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:11 am

Spirits as we know them have no actual physiology, and thus no means or even the desire to enter the matrix, not even with trodes. I have heard tell of some bright young fellows attempting it anyways... this only angers the spirit. One must conclude then that there is no "Spirit of the Matrix."
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Post  NightFire Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:15 am

Outlaw wrote:I have always assumed that when people refer to the spirit of the matrix they are talking about a being similar to what would be considered God for the rest of the world.
A God of the matrix? That's absurd! The Matrix is made up systems upon systems containing terapulses of information, but that doesn't make it alive or even remotely "godlike." Most likely, the "spirit" rumor came from some decker with their own delusions of grandeur; and probably some fair amount of skill to back it up. Even so, you're still looking at a talented but deranged individual or group of individuals.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Twixed Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:20 am

True, magical spirits don't enter the matrix, and magic doesn't work in conjunction with the matrix... heck, we can't even record the experience of magic onto the matrix because it defies simsense recording... but that doesn't mean that some sort of spirit doesn not exist. We've seen wonders in the sixth world. Magic was a myth until it became real. Can't our technology surprise us as much as our legends?
Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancer Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:23 am

A spirit in the matrix could easily be a sophisitcated smartframe, or even a semi-autnomous knowbot. Those things can get eerily life-like sometimes. And really, isn't something that lives in the matrix like a program a "spirit" in it's own domain? I'm not saying that there's a "spirit" or a "god" in the matrix... but some things could be mistaken for something like.
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down