ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multitech Accused of Fraud

+5
Longinuss
vanguard
Drifter
Miranda
Captain_Chaos
9 posters

Go down

Multitech Accused of Fraud Empty Multitech Accused of Fraud

Post  Captain_Chaos Thu 14 Oct 2010, 5:26 pm

-News Net Nov 29th 2058 wrote:
Anonymous information forwarded to multiple groups, including News Net, the UCAS government, and various firms contracting with Multitech has come to light which strongly indicates faulty product on the part of the corporation.

"If this information is correct, then Multitech could have a massive fraud lawsuit on their hands. Having contracted with the UCAS military, these guys are no small potatoes." said economic analyst Gordon Hambridge.

"We are still trying to verify the facts at this time. The case is still open. All I know is that some of the subcontractors are already filing suits. The Corporate Court will have final say in the matter." commented FBI liason Vallerie Hobbes.

Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Multitech Accused of Fraud Empty Re: Multitech Accused of Fraud

Post  Miranda Thu 14 Oct 2010, 11:58 pm

I don't know how many of you knew this, but the reason this matter is going to The Corporate Court is that Multitech was a subsidiary of Mitsuhama

Mitsuhama has disavowed all knowledge of any wrong doing on the part of Multitech

Looks like Mitsuhama is going to try to cut it's losses and let Multitech fail.
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Sat 16 Oct 2010, 11:04 pm

Miranda wrote:Mitsuhama has disavowed all knowledge of any wrong doing on the part of Multitech

Looks like Mitsuhama is going to try to cut it's losses and let Multitech fail.
So fill me in. Clearly this is the obvious choice for Mitsuhama but what are the chances anyone outside of Multitech actually knew about the corner cutting? From what I've heard on the street, Multitech was willing to kill a QA inspector to keep this underwraps so it sounds like there was kind of checks in place to try and prevent this kind of thing that the locals at Multitech were working around.

My guess? Mitsuhama really is innocent and Multitech is getting what it deserves.
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Sun 17 Oct 2010, 1:24 am

The type of flawed product we are talking about is one that you would sell to your enemies not your investors.

My question is:did this "happy idea" come from an internal source trying to make a power play, or if this was sabotage? And who profited the most from this?
Miranda
Miranda

Back to top Go down

Multitech Accused of Fraud Empty hmmm

Post  vanguard Thu 21 Oct 2010, 3:19 pm

honestly it all seems a bit elaborate that they would make a faulty product with the intent to get caught and then kill the person who discovered it and then wait for a third party to investigate and bring the claim of fraud to the attention of the media. On the other hand this country is crazy so anything is possible
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Thu 21 Oct 2010, 3:32 pm

I didn't say the intent was to get caught.

The intent was to sell the dreck to people they don't like and then once it's standard use their known weakness to advantage.
Miranda
Miranda

Back to top Go down

Multitech Accused of Fraud Empty How the Mighty Have Fallen

Post  Captain_Chaos Wed 27 Oct 2010, 4:58 am

News Net Dec 5th 2058 wrote: In a surprise move, parent company Mitsuhama Computer Technologies has decided to dissolve Multitech International rather than wait for the pending ruling of the Corporate Court. Mitsuhama's CEO Toshiro Mitsuhama condemned what he views as a "blatant breach in its responsibilites to the public and its trust. This is against everything MCT believes in."

Multitech International will be broken up into component parts. A full audit and internal investigation is underway. The various departments may be sold or folded into MCT as a whole.

Even with swift action, MCT stock is expected to drop several points in the coming days.

Looks like someone took down a piece of Megacorp... See chummers? The corps aren't invincible, and anything is possible.
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Multitech Accused of Fraud Empty last laugh

Post  vanguard Wed 27 Oct 2010, 5:02 am

from what i have heard about mega corps i would be surprised if the one who took down this piece is still alive. Mega corps play hard ball.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Wed 27 Oct 2010, 11:24 am

The damage is done and she said she was going into hiding.
So who knows, yea?
It's kind of a Schrodinger's cat type thing till miss whistle blower shows up again boxed or otherwise.

I wonder how she feels about the dent she's made. Mitsuhama almost seems unfazed dissolving and reabsorbing the branches parts. Not sure I'd trust the internal investigation by MCT of Multitech but if they left it to the CorpCourts to investigate I'd bet ya they'd earn a few more stock points back. Makes me think they've still got secrets they're hiding....then again it is a corp.
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark*Star Sat 30 Oct 2010, 6:47 am

At the risk of sounding uncharacteristically idealistic, there are much poorer ways to die than while attempting to restore some honesty to the way the world is run.

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Twixed Tue 02 Nov 2010, 4:31 am

Here's another tidbit that I just picked up: Rather than fold the bloated carcass of Multitech into mommy Mitsuhama, it looks like someone else has swooped in and gobbled it up. Can anyone guess? None other than Fuchi Americas CEO Richard Villiers! Now what would the top shark in the shark tank want with a sinking ship like Multitech?
Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancer Sun 14 Nov 2010, 6:03 am

Villiers didn't buy Multitech, that was a liquidation company called Outsource Inc. They specialize in snapping up tanking companies then selling them off in chunks for a profit. Check your facts next time.
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Twixed Sun 14 Nov 2010, 6:06 am

I did Dancer. Outsource is a shell company. Backtrack it far enough and it leads to Villiers own private hands. Not Fuchi's, Villiers.

And I do my homework when it's important. Check yourself before you deck yourself.
Twixed
Twixed

Back to top Go down

Post  NightFire Sun 14 Nov 2010, 6:21 am

Interesting that Villiers would pick up something in a way that Fuchi, the company he is CEO of, wouldn't necessarily find out about.

Fuchi's always had a "checks and balances" sort of equilibrium going on. We all know Fuchi is divided into three parts: Villiers as head of Fuchi America, Korin Yamana with Fuchi Pan-Europa, and Shikei Nakatomi for Fuchi Asia. There's always been internal conflict there especially since Nakatomi's father co-founded Fuchi and sees Villiers as an upstart.

Sounds like Villiers has something going on the side.

NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum