ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giant Ant Spirits?

+7
0V3RB34R
Miranda
alice
Macushla
NightFire
Ralasha_S
Captain_Chaos
11 posters

Go down

Giant Ant Spirits? Empty Giant Ant Spirits?

Post  Captain_Chaos Mon 07 Jun 2010, 3:00 am

All right chummers
As per-normal I can't verify this myself
But a reliable source has sent me some Vid from a run over at the Amber-Gel Production Facility

Giant Ant Spirits? Antvid10

Needless to say
Amber-Gel is no longer being produced which is probably for the best. (As a doubt the FDA would approve ant vomit for human consumption.)
Captain_Chaos
Captain_Chaos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Giant Ant Spirits? Empty Re: Giant Ant Spirits?

Post  Ralasha_S Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

They approve of bee vomit don't they? However it is important to know where your food is coming from. Personally I like mine raw and on the run >^w^<
Ralasha_S
Ralasha_S

Back to top Go down

Post  NightFire Tue 08 Jun 2010, 1:26 am

Hold the phone!

I have read about and seen some weird shit in my day; however, I don't think I have ever heard of Ants that are bigger than humans.

That's just... I don't know, too weird?

And even if, for the sake of argument, we say that these "Ant Spirits" are real, and had a nest in the basement of the Amber-Gel Production Facility, I don't think we can even begin to speculate that this ant slobber is Amber-Gel.

The vid shows an inactive facility.
Who's to say that these "Ant Spirits" were present while the factory was operational? I mean they could be the reason why Amber-Gel production has stopped.
NightFire
NightFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Macushla Mon 21 Jun 2010, 3:21 am

As my da used to say, if the age of the whiskey don't match the label, someone's bullshitin ya. I'm thinking these Amber Gel peoples are doin' just that. Somethings not right.
Macushla
Macushla

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Mon 21 Jun 2010, 4:25 am

Macushla wrote:As my da used to say, if the age of the whiskey don't match the label, someone's bullshitin ya. I'm thinking these Amber Gel peoples are doin' just that. Somethings not right.

What exactly are you trying to imply?
alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Tue 22 Jun 2010, 5:25 am

I think Macushla was trying to imply that:
the "goop" that was coming out of the Giant Ant Things
is the same "goop" that is Amber-Gel

That said I'm glad that production of Amber-Gel has ground to a halt
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  0V3RB34R Wed 23 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

The Vid looks fake to me

To be honest I've seen better quality Vids of the loch ness monster.
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

Post  Ja©K ®abb!t Thu 24 Jun 2010, 3:59 am

Shocked Dude! I used to eat that stuff! I had to wash out my own mouth with soap! Then I had to get a REEEEEAAAAALLLLY long squeegie and get the insides of my stomach, colon, small intestine, large intestine, bladder, and... that other place that stuff comes out of. Heh. Very Happy

Oh yeah, and bugs are bad for you. I'm writing that down in my words to live by for life. They're like small and carapac-ey and they look at you with those giant googly-eyes and you think "I wonder what that thing is thinking?" and then I answer myself, "WTF are you thinking? Just RUN!" affraid
Ja©K ®abb!t
Ja©K ®abb!t

Back to top Go down

Post  vanguard Thu 24 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

Hey nessy is real! I have a friend who's cousin saw it when he was out on a fishing trip.
vanguard
vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post  alice Sat 10 Jul 2010, 4:56 am

Against the Hive Masters just came out and you know some of that looks an awful lot like the vid in question here....
Giant Ant Spirits? 010

So we got 2 options

1) Movie footage leaked before the release date and your "reliable source" is trying to pass it off as fact
2) Bugs are real and The Movie is biting off of real life and trying to pass it off as fiction

alice
alice

Back to top Go down

Post  0V3RB34R Mon 12 Jul 2010, 3:42 am

I liked the movie in a B-monster-popcorn-flick kinda way. For those who didn't see it, I'll break it down for you:

Entomologist Amelia Patterson discoveres a process to mutate humans into ant like creatures while assistant Otto Von Bach comes up with a method to enlarge existing ant creatures. The pair are fired from Genetic Futures and vow revenge on their former employers using the processes they pioneered.

They kidnap their former employer Britney Dover (Amanda Lockhart AKA Euphoria) along with other former coworkers and hold them for ransom.

Britney's Husband hires a group of Shadowrunners to rescue his wife. The leader of the team is Rya (Lessie Assi) a young-but-tough Street Samurai with a heart of gold looking to make a name for herself.

The Runner team follows various leads, including using sorcery to find Britney and encounter strange alien ant-like creatures. The story culminates in a battle in an underground complex where Patterson and Von Bach have created their own twisted Hive. There's this epic fight sequence in Shaky-cam™️ where Rya and her team battle through the hive guns blazing and rescue Britney and the others from becoming ant creatures themselves.

Somebody plants and a bomb and the whole assemblage runs as the place goes up in a mushroom cloud.

So, y'know, not the most enlightening faire... but a good action movie with a decent cast. Though I find it odd that Megamedia would relegate their nova-hot simstar Euphoria to a back-up role. Why use an almost complete unknown (Assi) as the star is beyond me.

One Paw Up! lol!
0V3RB34R
0V3RB34R

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. D Thu 15 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

Alice wrote:Against the Hive Mastersjust came out and you know some of that looks an awful lot like the vid in question here....

So we got 2 options

1) Movie footage leaked before the release date and your "reliable source" is trying to pass it off as fact
2) Bugs are real and The Movie is biting off of real life and trying to pass it off as fiction

Well it looks like we have some evidence to put behind each of Alice's theories

1) We have the movie Against the Hive Masters
2) We have a 1st had account The Truth about the Universal Brotherhood

And when you look at the evidence as a third party observer it's still not enough to come to a solid conclusion.
Dr. D
Dr. D

Back to top Go down

Post  Macushla Sun 18 Jul 2010, 6:18 pm

It's absolute bullshit what people will profit off of.

The trailer itself was enough to piss me off. As for alice's theory, I know a first party observer who was there. They can definitely confirm that this damn footage was reals.
Macushla
Macushla

Back to top Go down

Giant Ant Spirits? Empty talk is cheap

Post  Drifter Tue 03 Aug 2010, 1:34 am

It doesn't matter how many times you say it's real. Occam's Razor says the burden of proof is the people making the crazy claim. Something this big won't stay hidden for long. If their's one their's more. Just remember to keep your mind open next time your on a run in a dark place...
Drifter
Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down