ShadowRun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Service Announcement

4 posters

Go down

Public Service Announcement Empty Public Service Announcement

Post  Longinuss Mon 11 Jan 2010, 6:48 am

Ello, Longiness here and I'm a Decker.
As a decker I see certain things not always noticeable to persons in the physical environment.

While on a run my comrades and I perform certain questionable actions that are not always common or within the set routine of the environments we infiltrate.
One of these is killing people; it permanently disrupts the routine of a person in that work environment. Even if you box the poor bastard in the cleanest, most silent way possible, no one saw you and you hid the body ...
BLOOD MAKES NOISE.
It's a ringing in my ear when a buildings matrix sends out an alert because a guard failed to make a scheduled check in or a security guards arm was used to open a palm reader door (usually they're not allowed thru the doors they guard except in emergencies...unless I bodge some files Wink ). Plan ahead and check with your decker, it'll be a smoother run if can anticipate alarms before setting them off.

So remember a body is easy to make but be quick after that because making more bodies out of armed guards is a taller task.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Public Service Announcement

Post  Dark*Star Tue 12 Jan 2010, 5:11 am

I think you've mistaken this world for one that makes sense.

-
Dark*Star
Dark*Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Longinuss Tue 12 Jan 2010, 11:22 am

Possibly. But I still like to think if it involves a system it can be bent to my will.
Longinuss
Longinuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda Thu 14 Jan 2010, 6:11 am

Generally speaking it is preferable to do a clean run:

Admin wrote:Limit Collateral Damage

"The Corps expect a certain number of shadowrunners to happen; that's the price of doing business. However, the more damage you do, the more you cost the corp. The more you cost it, the more likely the corp is to come down hard on you. In other words, never make it more worthwhile for the corp to geek you than leave you alone.

Collateral damage includes wrecking anything you don't absolutely need to in order to get at your target: killing or wounding corporate personnel, destroying corporate property, trashing security systems and so forth. The ideal shadowrun leaves no clue that you were ever there. The less damage you do, the better. Generally, Johnsons want their runs done quietly, which means not leaving a trail of bodies behind you for corp security to follow.

Of course, if your client wants collateral damage-go nuts!

If you do your job right the target may not be certain that they were the target of a shadowrun at all (like if you are doing a data steal) ... or at least not until it's to late to do any thing about. (like if you are taking something a little more physical)
Miranda
Miranda

http://jenniferjoy.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dechtire Wed 18 Aug 2010, 11:25 pm

I prefer not to kill if I don't have to, being a creature of nature I value all things that mother earth has put in place. Is baolach... (unfortunately) in the life of a runner, it is too often kill or be killed. I do not like to kill, but I will if I must for self preservation or the safety of my team. I strongly believe in Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas (love, loyalty, friendship). and when the need arises to make a kill I always beg the spirit of my foe's forgiveness, a clean kill is very important to retain honor. Thar gach ni eile...(above all else) Ni neart go cur le cheile (there is no strength without unity). Nollaig Shona duit (A happy Christmas to you) Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo aris! (may we be alive this time next year !) - Dechtire

rendeer
Dechtire
Dechtire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum